BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Enkidu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there,

we have been given SAS tutorial (enterprise miner and guide) also a virtual machine including both applications. the tutorial starts with creating project, diagram, data source and using AAEM SAS table. my question is, when creating new project, what should i choose for SAS table? i used SAS home directory, but after creating project and diagram, AAEM in SAS table is empty, no sensus2000 or no AAEMSPEL there to pick. would appreciate any respond.

thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I guess that AAEM stands for American Academy of Emergency Medicine. How are you supposed to get data from there? Download, table from web page, data on media?

Enkidu
Calcite | Level 5

we got two training in this page: link , which in SAS enterprise miner, starts by teaching how to create project, diagrams, data source etc

we have been told that this image file, which is a vmware image, comes with all the necessary data and not needed to download anything extra. for naming project, diagram, datasource,... i follow the tutorial and AAEM is what they use there. in this screenshot: shot.png

you can see the usage of AAEM. i dont think it is something advance, just when i follow exact same guides,

screenshot

the AAEM is empty (other libriaries bene already there and are with data)

so i have problem to follow the tutorials as i cant use any census2000 or AAEMSPEL.Bank and else.

below, i copy one example:

Task

Create a new project named eLearnEM. Then, create a new diagram named Associations Analysis. Next, create a data source named Bank from the AAEMSPEL.Bank SAS table.

1. Create a new project named eLearnEM. (Note: If you have been following along and performing the tasks from the demonstrations in your own software, you do not need to create a new project and you can skip to step 3.)

2. Define a library for your sample data.

Remember, if you are using SAS OnDemand for Academics, you do not need to define a library. Your sample data is stored in a metadata repository. You may skip to step 3.

3. Create a new diagram named Associations Analysis.

4. Open the Data Source Wizard and specify that the source is a SAS table.

5. Select the SAS table AAEMSPEL.Bank.

6. Review the Table Properties information, and specify Basic as the Metadata Advisor Option.

7. On the Column Metadata step, adjust the Role settings as follows:
    • ACCOUNT has a role of ID.
    • SERVICE has a role of Target.
    • VISIT has a role of Sequence.
  8. On the Column Metadata step, adjust the Level settings as follows:
    • ACCOUNT has a role of Nominal.
    • SERVICE has a role of Nominal.
    • VISIT has a role of Interval.
  9. Specify NO on the Decision Processing step and the Create Sample step, change the Role of the data source to Transaction, and finish the Data Source Wizard.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Then you should get back to those who provided all that material (including the VM). Unless you find someone here (unlikely) who worked with the same setup, you probably won't receive help here. Either the data or the documentation has a flaw.

Enkidu
Calcite | Level 5

i asked them, but they respond we dont provide troubleshooting and technical assists. also i called SAS in malaysia, where i live, and they respond we are not participating in that competition so we can not help. also i tried to google, but didnt find anything related to AAEM. its frustrating because if i cant pass first chapters incolving this library, i cant go further anymore 😞

keugt001
Calcite | Level 5

I had similar problem locating the AAEMSPEL folder. These are the steps that I did and I have been able to access the tables under the AAEMSPEL folder.

1) Used SAS Studio to create the AAEMSPEL folder in my Library

To do this, go to Libraries->My Libraries->Assign MetaData Libraries  (this is the second icon after "New Libraries" option).

Then it will present a list under "Assign MetaData Libraries", select the library "AAEMSPEL" from the list and at the bottom of the box where it says "Assign selected on startup" make sure it is ticked.

Click "Assign"

2) Use Enterprise Miner as per usual to create project, under the project you created select "Data Sources" and right-click to "Create New Data Source". 

Select "Metadata Repository" and click "Browse" and then locate "Shared Data" folder then "Libraries" then locate "AAEMSPEL" and you should be able to see all the tables under that folder.

Zug
Calcite | Level 5 Zug
Calcite | Level 5

I had the same problem as described in the post above. Your three step solution also solved the problem for me. Additionally there is an alternative way for your step 3.

-> Right Click in SAS Studio on the library folder you are interested in (AAEM or AAEMSPEL).

-> Note down the path displayed

-> In SAS Enterprise Manager click on "Create New Library"

-> Click on Browse and Select the Path you noted in SAS Studio

-> Apply a fitting name to your new library (e.g. AAEM)

-> When creating an Data Source choose "SAS Table" instead of "MetaDataRepository"

-> The click "next" and "browse"

-> In the list of libraries your new library should be listed providing the sample tables needed for the lecture/tutorial

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation