BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

- need help please

- one my our users exporting big SAS dataset from SAS eg 7.1 to his local C:\ drive and he is getting error "access is denied" - where i am able to export it as SAS admin...

can anyone could please let me know what could be done from SAS MC (using 9.3 version) to treat it? also- how big dataset could be exported from SAS EG to local drive?

- Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Are you sure this is SAS Enterprise Guide?  You reference version 7.1, which is a SAS Enterprise Miner version number.

If you want to export a SAS data set from as a sas7bdat file to your local drive, using Enterprise Guide, look at the Tasks->Data->Download SAS Data Set task.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your reply Chris and sorry but i did misrepresented. I am using sas eg 5.1

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The size of the file you can export is dependent on available disk space.

"Access is denied" can have multiple causes (list not exhaustive):

-- overwriting a file that a user has opened elsewhere.

-- user does not have write permission to drive or directory.

-- sometimes a Microsoft glitch.  You may be able to clear it by looking at the directory properties and clearing the read-only check-box.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation