BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
StevenPhillips
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to set up a schedule for a process flow that has 14 programs that must run in a specific order.  When I manually run the sas program from the EG (run project) the program runs without error in the correct order.  When I set up a schedule for that process flow it seems that when the schedule is executed it does not follow the same order as it does when you manually open EG.

How do I control the run order in the scheduled job, I assume I have to change the .vbs file somehow. currently .vbs it is just the default that is created when schedule is set up.

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Look at ordered lists in EG. Also, do you have your programs connected in your process flow one after the other? That should also force it to run in order.

http://support.sas.com/kb/26/177.html

StevenPhillips
Calcite | Level 5

I did not have the programs linked.  I assumed if there was no link it would run the same order in schedule process as clicking run program in EG.  For ease of following all the code I have separated code into different programs as macros and then trigger them all at once in another program (SQL connection to source data on another server) so no automatic link is set up, have to manually add it. Once linked the program runs correctly.  The schedule appears to ignore the ordered list in EG.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation