BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GBL__
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I am curious about the behavior of syntax highlighting in the SAS log with nested %include statements.

When I run an %include statement which calls a single program directly, and there is an error within the program, the SAS log with show/display the ERROR in both the log summary and it will be red within the log itself.

include_error.JPG

However, if I run an %include statement which calls a program that contains %include statements, and there is an error within the second included program, the SAS log DOES NOT show the ERROR in the log summary and it is NOT colored red in the sas log.

include_include_warning_only.JPG

I have these options set when running both the single and nested %include statements:

OPTIONS MSGLEVEL=i PRINTMSGLIST DETAILS DATE LINESIZE=max FULLSTIMER VALIDVARNAME=v7 SOURCE2 ;

I do not understand the reason for this dual behavior and am hoping someone might be able to help.  Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Colour coding and the log summary are controlled by EG itself. I'd suggest upgrading to EG 8.3 Update 7 (the latest) and see if you get the same problem.

GBL__
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you for the reply, it is appreciated!

Unfortunately, like many corporate users, I have no control over the version of SAS/EG that I am using, and given it took years to get to 9.4m7 and EG 8.3 Update 

3, I cannot count on that happening in my lifetime (lol 😂)

SASKiwi
PROC Star

So the "Check for Updates" EG  menu option is disabled then 🤞?

GBL__
Quartz | Level 8

Is that an option under the 'help' menu?

saseg_help.JPG

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Yes, if you are using EG 8 and it hasn't been disabled:

SASKiwi_0-1682910308559.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation