BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

we have sas job flow scheduler license to schedule the projects of enterprise guide and will be monitor by one person in a team. I have got a suggestion to schedule the projects by user it self but I fell this is not good idea as we have many users and if they schedule jobs in their pc's it will be difficult to monitor and all the jobs will pile up and it leads server utilization  will be high.

So we got the license but not sure how to use Job flow scheduler in sas enterprise guide. If any body using sas job flow scheduler please share the process.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

EG projects can only be scheduled using EG itself on PCs, not using the SAS Job Flow Scheduler. You need to export your EG projects to SAS programs, then schedule those. What version of EG are you using? What version of SAS? Is it Viya 3.5?

This blog explains EG Project scheduling. 

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

hi @SASKiwi 

I am using sas 9.4 E.g 8.3 update1 (64-bit), we also have  viya3.5. But two separate platforms. 

the reason we asked is we need to schedule the projects to load the data from EG to viya 3.5 va cas.(some users they prefer to use eg to prepare the data in eg and then load into va cas. then other end reporting uses will be using the data for their reports).

thanks

SASKiwi
PROC Star

OK. So do you want to schedule on SAS 9.4 using SAS Management Console or on SAS Viya 3.5 in SAS Environment Manager using SAS Job Flow Editor? Whichever way you want to do server-based scheduling you have to export your EG projects to SAS programs.

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

hi @SASKiwi  thanks

I want to do sas 9.4 server then the result table should load into cas (viya).

becoz I dont want to use viya server for dm.

can you share the steps how to schedule the using sas job flow scheduler.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
  1. Save your project as a SAS program.
  2. If necessary, copy to a location where your SAS server can access it.
  3. IN SMC - Schedule Manager, register the program as a deployed job SAS Help Center: Deploying a SAS DATA Step Program as a Job
  4. In Schedule Manager, create a new flow, in which you add your deployed job (registered in previous bullet).
Data never sleeps
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi @LinusH 

I got an error pop up window after scheduling 

"scheduling of SJOB('UNKNOWN ERROR saving of metadata information for SJOB failed)

background:

1.created a program and saved in sasapp server then in smc schedule manger right click and Deploy sas data step program--source file selected the path from my server where i saved the program - deployment directory - new - broww-- directory (creaed new direcotry in server and selected) --deployed jobs by default seleted -- loation i have selected my folder(user folder)  then ok.

2. sjob flow created - right click schedule flow -- selected manually in schedulling server -- seleted time schedule hourly start and end dates. then ok -- error popup 

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Check (or have it checked for you) the metadata server log.

And just to be sure, verify that you have authorization in SAS metadata, and correct authorization for the scheduler that you are connecting to.

Data never sleeps

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation