BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bernardorosario
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi guys,

Lately I have being posting a lot of questions. Still I will keep reaching to you guys because I am new to SAS.

This time is about Custom Tasks I had to develop some new features on some SAS Enterprise Custom Tasks. But when I tried to install this custom task it doesn't appear on my Enterprise Guide.

I activated the logging on SAS Enterprise Guide and the error that is giving me is this:

System.Exception: Add-In is an invalid file type.
at SAS.Shared.AddIns.Management.AddInRegistry.LoadElementFromAssembly(String targetAssembly)
at SAS.Shared.AddIns.Management.AddInRegistry.LoadElementFromAssembly(String targetAssembly, Boolean fullPath)
at SAS.Shared.AddIns.Management.AddInRegistry.AddFromAssembly(String FileSource)
at SAS.Shared.AddIns.Management.AddInRegistry.AddFromDirectory(String DirectorySource, String SearchPattern)

Due to policy from the company I cannot publish the entire log.

Can anyone help me with is issue?

Versions:

FileVersion: 5.100.0.15244
FileDescription: SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1
Product: SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1
ProductVersion: 5.1 (5.100.0.15244) Hot fix 23

Thanks for the help.

P.S.: I know I am yet to put a right answer for the last question that i made, but the version upgrade is yet to happen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

In that case, you might also find this paper helpful: Build your own SAS client app with Microsoft .NET.  You can download SAS Integration Technologies client (which has the SASInterop DLLs) from the SAS support site.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @bernardorosario - this is a custom task that you built?  Is there any way that you can share the Visual Studio source project with us (or me)?  I'd be happy to take a look.  If you don't want to share it on the forum, you can attach it to a private message to me.

If building custom tasks is going to be part of your job, I recommend my book Developing Custom Tasks for SAS Enterprise Guide.  I also have a course that is offered periodically -- next session is scheduled for the end of March in NYC.  (I realize that you're probably in Europe and that doesn't work for you...)

I also have a 37-minute walkthrough on the process here, as part of the Ask the Expert series.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
bernardorosario
Fluorite | Level 6

I think i found the problem i was compiling my code in a computer without SAS so it give some warnings that and I didn't pay attention to it. When i switch to a machine with SAS everything was fine.

Sorry for being a "noob" in this process of  Custom Task building.

I will have to buy your book to better understanding on the matter.

Thanks guys for your help and i will count on you guys for any question that i might have thanks again.

PS: About the code I cannot share it, the company is very strict about this.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

If your task uses the standard/published APIs, you can download just the DLLs you need to reference from this post.  You don't need SAS or SAS Enterprise Guide to be installed on the development machine in order to build your task.

bernardorosario
Fluorite | Level 6

I use the standart API, but the code that was given to me also uses one more SASLibrary being that one the SASInterop reference.

But as I said I am new to this so I don't know if this library has some impact on what I said earlier.

Thanks for the help and the time spent with me.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

In that case, you might also find this paper helpful: Build your own SAS client app with Microsoft .NET.  You can download SAS Integration Technologies client (which has the SASInterop DLLs) from the SAS support site.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation