BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Swati__
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I am very new to this tool & have been fiddling through this tool for couple of weeks. Previously, I used SAS EG 6.1 version installed on my local desktop, but the license expired & we moved to the one where SAS 9.4 is installed on a remote desktop. I have certain questions related to the PC version & the remote desktop version:

• After installing the SA 9.4 on the remote desktop, is there any use for the SAS which is installed on my local drive?
  • Also, what does it mean by connecting the local pc version of SAS to the server version?
  • How does metadata server come in place?

I am trying to get my thoughts clear around how SAS works. It would really helpful if any of you could help me understand this.

I really appreciate it. Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Using a remote desktop for SAS and not your common working environment is saying your it - staff does not want to support SAS or SAS sales failed to get it aligned to your i IT policies. Getting a remote desktop is an isolated desktop not connected to your common working environment.

Eguide is a very advanced client that can connect to a SAS session on every type of server where it has been made available.

The local connection of Eguide is connecting to a sas session running on the same desktop as Eguide. You could see and try that als the old fashioned SAS base on your desktop with a lot of enhancements.

It is possible to run Eguide against an object spawner on a server.  That one will start the needed sas session. In a bi di server environment that objectspawner is managed by the metadata server.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation