BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
claudiajc
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, 

I have been using SAS Enterprise Guide 7.12 in Citrix for about a month. All was fine until yesterday when I closed my citrix session and all the programs. After reopening everything again,  my program would not open. Instead the following message appeared:

"SAS Enterprise Guide needs to close". Below are the exception details. 

The solution in SAS support (http://support.sas.com/kb/43/655.html) won't work for me. I have no "4.3" folder. I only have a "7.1" folder but I don't have permissions to delete it. Here is what I have: C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASEnterpriseGuide\7.1

I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

Claudia

-------

Exception:

SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize.

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:
----------------------------------------
Exception type: System.InvalidOperationException
Message: SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize.
Source: System.Windows.Forms
Target Site: set_SplitterDistance

Stack Trace:
at System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer.set_SplitterDistance(Int32 value)
at SAS.EG.DockingManager.CloseDockingPanel(DockingPanel panel, Boolean asAutoHide)
at SAS.EG.DockingManager.SetPersistenceSettings(Settings settings)
at SAS.EG.MainForm.LoadMainFormPosition()
at SAS.EG.MainForm..ctor()
at SAS.EG.App.Startup(String[] args)
at SAS.EG.App.Main(String[] args)
at SAS.EG.EntryPoint.Main(String[] args)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi Silvio,

As mentioned earlier by @ChrisHemedinger and as per the SAS-Note, you can simple:

- Open your Windows Explorer

- Copy the following path into the address bar:

%appdata%\SAS\EnterpriseGuide

- Rename the folder version (if you have SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1, you'll have a 7.1 folder, etc.)

- Start EG

Hope that helps

Cheers,
Damo

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Try deleting this file.  You should have access to it:

%APPDATA%\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\7.1\Settings.xml

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
claudiajc
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the solution. It arrived after the IT helpdesk found my profile to have become corrupted; so it was deleted and created again. I'll keep your answer in mind in case it happens again.

I appreciate your help.

Best,

ClaudiaJC

SilvioW
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Claudia,

facing same challenge. Can you please let me know what exactly you did in order to overcome challenge. What steps did you follow to delete and recreate profile?

Thx,

silvio

Damo
SAS Employee

Hi Silvio,

As mentioned earlier by @ChrisHemedinger and as per the SAS-Note, you can simple:

- Open your Windows Explorer

- Copy the following path into the address bar:

%appdata%\SAS\EnterpriseGuide

- Rename the folder version (if you have SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1, you'll have a 7.1 folder, etc.)

- Start EG

Hope that helps

Cheers,
Damo

harishpl02
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks a lot, I have been installing and uninstalling SAS EG. Your Solution helped me lot.

Dumi
Calcite | Level 5

This worked beautifully, thank you so much.

harishpl02
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you, sir. It works after deleting. Thanks for the question and brilliant solution.

nagaraj1991
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Chris it worked well .Thanks a lot .What was the issue ?will it occur again 

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@nagaraj1991 - I hope not!  Somehow the saved settings for window positions got jumbled in your scenario.  Removing those saved settings resets it.  I hope it's a bug that's been addressed in a more recent version of EG.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
broz
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Chris,

I notice through the 'SAS Message Log' (after you manually enable it) that if you open more than one EG client they all share the same roaming profile settings files. Do you suppose the cause may be that one EG session updates it, the other one re-refers to it and finds an incompatible change and then goes toes up?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@broz.,  perhaps.  But in general I think these settings are initialized at the start of your session, then saved at the end when you close.  Last session to close probably "wins".  This problem reported here was  bug, addressed long ago.  The solution here (delete your preference files) was a workaround that helped before the fix.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 9 in conversation