BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Daisyliang
Fluorite | Level 6

Yesterday I didn't close SAS EG, today when I open the software, it showes I cann't open it. the detais are as follows.

1.png2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

This issue will be fixed in the next 7.15 update (HF1) and the next 7.13 update (HF7).

In the meantime, you can follow the SASNote instructions, or rather than deleting your whole app settings folder (as suggested in the SAS Note), you can delete just this file (so you don't wipe out other settings):

%appdata%\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\7.1\Settings.xml

(ex. C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\7.1\Settings.xml)

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SASKiwi
PROC Star

This SAS note suggests a solution to your problem (I don't think this error only happens in the version reported):

http://support.sas.com/kb/43/655.html

Daisyliang
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Kiwi for help, but I'm a Windows 10 user, and I installed SAS in D driver, not in C driver. I can't find the routine in the SAS note. could you please tell me what to do?

Regards,

Daisy.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

This issue will be fixed in the next 7.15 update (HF1) and the next 7.13 update (HF7).

In the meantime, you can follow the SASNote instructions, or rather than deleting your whole app settings folder (as suggested in the SAS Note), you can delete just this file (so you don't wipe out other settings):

%appdata%\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\7.1\Settings.xml

(ex. C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\7.1\Settings.xml)

Casey

Daisyliang
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Casey for help, but I'm a Windows 10 user, and I installed SAS in D driver, not in C driver. I can't find the routine in the SAS note. could you please tell me what to do?

Regards,

Daisy.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi Daisy,

If you open File Explorer and type the following in the address bar, it will take you to the folder that contains your Settings.xml file:

%appdata%\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\7.1

You can then simply delete the Settings.xml file in that folder.

Casey

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Daisyliang,

if you give this instructions to your system admin, she/he will know what to do.

The instructions provided by @CaseySmith are good, also for Windows 7, even if you installed on D drive.

The reason is that you will have a Windows user profile (under %appdata% , which is normally under C:\Users\your_user\AppData, but it could be that your system admin placed it somewhere else.

Daisyliang
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you very much, problem solved.

Daisyliang
Fluorite | Level 6

Problem solved, thank you Casey.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation