BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HRprasad
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

Regarding SAS EG freezing issue in SAS 9.4 M3. We are running stored process in EG. Once Stored proces complete, Output window show as ""LOADING" and EG screen freezes. After that we are not able to do anything in EG. We need to close the EG and open again.

To resolve this issue, we just de-selected the "Automatically open data when added to project" in options. That resolve the freezing issue.

Please let me know if you have faced this issue and what solution you implemented other than above?  or If there any other parmanent solution of this issue?

As per my opinion, this issue is occurring due to data volume. What is your view on this?

Thanks,

HR Prasad

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Your output might be so large that it

- takes a very long time to load

- causes a memory overflow in EG that you detect as "freeze".

What happens when you run your STP through the web interface?

HRprasad
Calcite | Level 5

I generated the EG log and verified but did not find any specific error for memory issue.

We are using EG to run STP, did not tried on web interface.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Have you taken a look at the STP server logs?

Apart from that, I can only repeat: run the STP from the web (or another) interface so you can isolate EG as the culprit if nothing bad happens there.

At least you can take a look at the STP output this way.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

What type of data are you creating?  Some sequential data types, such as accessed via the XML or XLSX libname engines, can cause a hang in EG (though this has been fixed in the most recent EG 7.12 hotfix).

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation