BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BryanMarks
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have a file with approximately 35,000 records and 77 variables.  I was trying to resize one of the columns in the Output Data window and accidentally must have clicked on the Sort function in that column.  Twenty minutes later, I'm still waiting for SAS EG to start functioning again.

What can I do to automatically size columns in the data viewer?  Is there anything that can be done to speed searches for values in SAS EG?  As it is, I export the data to Excel at a key point in the processing to search and modify records because EG is so incredibly slow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Bryan

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

My preferred way of searching is to use the new WHERE statement option in EG 7.11 Data Viewer. This doesn't require sorting and performance is very good even on 1 million plus row tables. Result sets are selected and returned in under 20 seconds normally.

If you don't have EG 7.11 you can easily request this from SAS.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation