BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Renee1
Calcite | Level 5

I'm unable to send my reports to Word (microsoft office).

Order 9BJCG9 does not include the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Product and is why the SAS Enterprise Guide 'Send To' Excel or Word is not working...since the SAS Add-in is not installed.

As a workaround, you may want to consider the following.

Workaround 1:

1.Right-click on the table or graph in SAS Enterprise Guide.

2.Select Copy.

3.Paste into a Microsoft Office document, such as Excel or Word.

Workaround 2, to Send To...Word:

1. In SAS Enterprise Guide, select Tools, Options, select Results, so it's on Results General.

2. Select the check box for HTML under Result Formats.

3. Deselect the check box for SAS Report under Result Formats and OK out.

4. Run your SAS Enterprise Guide code again to product results, then Send To...Word.

I hope that helps to explain it and the workaround helps you.

Is there a way that i could buy or dowload the Add-in for Microsoft Office anyway ?

Both workaround works but i prefer the second one because it’s faster to send all the data (i mean, everything that is written in the results screen). The only problem is that when i try to save my Microsoft office word it ok but when i re-open the file all the picture are gone. Here is the message that i see :

I will try to translate in English :

Impossible to show the image linked. The file may have been deplaced, renamed or deleted. Check that the link goes to the correct place and file.

Is it because of the format ? I didn’t touch to the file in SAS Enterprise Guide, i didn’t change the name or the place of the file. Can you help me ?

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
"Is there a way that i could buy or dowload the Add-in for Microsoft Office anyway ?"
SAS is a commercial SW and should be glad if they could sell you an additional product. Just contact your SAS sales representative.
Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In my experience the SAS-Addin to MS Office is often bundled with EG as part of a SAS BI Server install.

If you are using a standalone PC SAS installation I would expect the SAS-Addin to MS Office to be included in the one price along with EG.

Talk to your SAS account manager.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation