BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am new to enterprise guide 7.1. I  was trying to assign a library to the location of my course data that I have already downloaded.  

However, when I am assigning project Library I am unable to see the option for local server.  In that case, I am unable to assign the library to the course data that is located on my local drive.

Suggestion, please. 

Regards,

rancho  

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

Did attempt to use code to assign the library or an EG task?

If you work in a server environment the code generally doesn't work be the code attempts to run relative to the SERVER and likely gets all sorts of "location not found" or "unable to access".

The project tasks should work as that establishes a different communication method.

Obsidian | Level 7
Can you please suggest how should I proceed from here.
Reeza
Super User

Is EG installed on a server? You may not be able to use local data, some companies have that restriction. You should however be able to run the program to create the data on your server. 

@75063 wrote:

Hi,

I am new to enterprise guide 7.1. I  was trying to assign a library to the location of my course data that I have already downloaded.  

However, when I am assigning project Library I am unable to see the option for local server.  In that case, I am unable to assign the library to the course data that is located on my local drive.

Suggestion, please. 

Regards,

rancho  

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @75063,

do you have SAS foundation (aka SAS Base or SAS 9.4) installed on your local machine? Is it your EG or SAS foundation installation just local, or virtualized with App-V, ThinApp or Citrix?

1. If you do have SAS Foundation just local and no virtualized, you should be able to open a Local Server and assign a library with no problem, unless there are problems with the DCOM components. We will go though that later.
  2. If you do not have SAS Foundation, you can only connect to external SAS Servers, never Local (your PC) Server.

• Coming back to the first option, perhaps you would like to open SAS Foundation and see if you can run a libname for that library you would like to assign.
    • Can you? Then you can go to the next point.
    • If not, you will need to ask an administrator to check permissions on that windows folder you are assigning the library to.
  • Now, without closing the SAS Foundation, try to close SAS EG, open it again, make the connection to your Local Server and assign the library again.
    • If you can, then just open always SAS Foundation before opening SAS EG from now on.
    • If you still cannot, please follow these steps in the note to enable the logging on EG ( http://support.sas.com/kb/55/414.html ). Once done, please close EG, open it again and try to assign the library again. When you get the error, please send us the log you get on the location set, as explained by the note

Hope it helps.

If you get any error along the process, please see the details and send us the error/errors.

Kind regards,

Juan

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If you want to assign a library locally you need to have SAS Foundation installled on your computer.

When having SAS installed on a server, all you need locally is EG and not SAS Foundation.

Thats the ordinary setup, 

If you have a server where SAS is installed the easiest would be to cpoy your course data to the server and then create a libname to it.

//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation