BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Dee16
Calcite | Level 5

When modify existing query in SAS EG 7.1 I was using the up arrow to move multiple columns further up in the Seelct Data list. During this process the screen locked.  Showed Running Validate: query name Running Proc SQL.  Not sure why the validate step started to run.  The query no longer responded and had to close EG via Task Manager.  Myself and a colleaugue have been having problems with EG locking since went to version 7.1.  The project was built in EG 7.1 and the query I was editing is reading one work table created by the previous step in the project.   Has anyone else encountered similar problems with EG 7.1 lockng when modifying a query? 

3 REPLIES 3
jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

Hmm, I actually did yesterday with SAS EG 7.13 HF1 running on a Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1, 64 bit.  I was trying to drag and drop some columns and it locked up on me.  I used Task Manager to kill SAS EG.  The problem did not recur.

HJ

Yarlanil59
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi

The Same problem occurred to me. So I raised Ticket with SAS Tech support. They gave me the following resolution.

In the query builder when I use the up/down arrow to change field order it will sometimes lock up and I have to crash the SAS instance and start over. 

Go to Tools>Option in SAS EG
Go to Query option

Then uncheck “Automatically validate query whenever changes are made” and “Automatically attempt to join tables in query”

After that, I never face that issue. Hope this helps.

OskarBak
Fluorite | Level 6

I have the same issue. Tried the suggested solution but it does not help. Furthermore I never have problems on the same laptop when it is docked and not on wifi. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation