BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ucvikas
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi ,

I got one strange problem in SAS Enterprise guide 4.3 using file system Linux. I have one project saved in file system ; I do not get 'Read ONLY' mode of opening message when another user has already opened it from the same place ; Isn't that strange ? it means two users can edit the same project at a given time ; I think that should not be the case it seems to the problem ; Can anyone encountered same issue ? or has any solution,

1 REPLY 1
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Hi, ucvikas

Yes, I think you're correct that two users will be able to edit the same project concurrently, and probably the last one to save will overwrite the work of any earlier savers. My suspicion is that the Windows server emulator that you are using in your Linux server isn't signalling that a dataset is in use correctly. You will have difficulty getting responses on this forum, as you are in a rare environment. I suggest you refer it to SAS tech support. They are well equipped to solve problems like this.

Best,

Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation