BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tempo777
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone,

I am running server SAS in a 8 core windows machine and using SAS EG as a client in my laptop.

Recently my team and I have been running into an integration technologies issues.  I reached out to SAS support but they still cant figure it out why the error remains.  This actually started taking place about a month of so ago.  Nothing has changed in the server nor in the client machines so that can be discarded.  I uninstalled SAS EG in my client machine and reinstall it and nothing.  I downloaded the latest Integration technology package from here https://support.sas.com/downloads/browse.htm?fil=&cat=56 and install it but that still doesn't fix the issue.  At this point, I found myself out of option but willing to try whatever it takes to fix this error.  I have attached a picture of the error.  The name in " " is just the name of the program I am running.  Anyone has ran into this issue before and successfully found a solution? Like I said, re-installing Integration Technologies from the depot did not work.  Thank you so much in advance!!

errorerror

8 REPLIES 8
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Just a wild-assed guess, but could permissions be a problem? I'm wondering about that "failed to retrieve the log" message.

Good luck!

Tom

tempo777
Calcite | Level 5
Hello TomKari,

I really don’t think is a permission problem because I’m the only one who has the ability to approve and deny permissions for our server and I have given all the permissions to my client account.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you turned on EG application logging and if so does that show more details of the error?

tempo777
Calcite | Level 5
Hello SASKiwi,

I’m not familiar with that feature. I will look into it but more than likely I won’t be able to understand what it will say.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@tempo777  - I'm surprised SAS Tech Support hasn't requested it as it is often the first thing they ask me for in my experience. It is their job to diagnose the log, not yours. You just go into EG Tools menu. Select Options, then Application Logging then click the Enable Logging check box. 

tempo777
Calcite | Level 5

@SASKiwi I was going back on my emails and they did requested those logs, I sent it to them but hasnt gotten any positive outcome.  This was about a month ago, hence the reason I didn't remember.  

jebjur
SAS Employee

Do you have a current tracking number with Technical Support that I can look into?

tempo777
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Jebjur,

Yes I do, the tracking number is 7613248776.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation