BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
roth1
Calcite | Level 5

My SAS EG freezes when I try to join a table for a query on my WOG laptop, screenshot below for reference. How do I resolve this? sas.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Amir
PROC Star

Hi,

A few questions, the answers to which might be of some help:

1. What version of SAS EG are you using?
  2. Have you successfully run this query before with the same software set up, if yes, has anything changed since then?
  3. Have you successfully run any query with the same software set up?
  4. How many rows are in the tables you're trying to join?
  5. Is there any SQL code generated that you can show?
  6. The status bar (at the bottom) shows "Ready" are you able to interact with SAS EG at this point?
  7. Can anyone you know try the same join with the same set up?
  8. I assume you have tried rebooting your laptop?

Regards,

Amir.

roth1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 

Am using SAS EG 7.1. Yes I have run it before, this 'freezing' happens occassionally. I have tried to run a join on SASHELP library however when i clicked the query builder button, it freezes again. The table im trying to join only has 428 rows. CARS. I have no other issues with running queries on my other laptop. I have checked system compatibilities, both running on 64 bit and installed memory ram available is 19.9gb.

Thank you.

Amir
PROC Star

Hi,

The fact that you have no issues on another laptop with the same setup indicates either an installation or (less likely) hardware issue.

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling SAS EG to see if that helps.

If that's not an option or you still have issues after reinstalling then I would advise that you raise a track with SAS Technical Support:

https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support/contact-sas.html

I did a web search and found the following similar sounding issue with some SAS Technical Support feedback supplied by @Yarlanil59:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/SAS-Enterprise-Guide-7-1-Freezes/td-p/321384

Regards,

Amir.

mohammedizhar71
Calcite | Level 5

I also had the issue where add tables in query builder was not popping up, I tried this solution and it worked

https://support.sas.com/kb/55/402.html this workaround helped me.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation