BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HATEM
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

in my last configuration, SAS EG clients and SAS server was in the same subnet. After a migration, SAS server is now in a different subent behind a firewall. That firewall is configured to open port 8561 from A to B (A : is SAS EG client, B : is SAS server). I've changed hots file of the client and everything seems to work.
When I start SAS EG, I find the active connection on the metadata repisotory. The problem is when I try to run a local project (saved on A) I have always an error of connection to (SasMain). can you help me, should I open the port 8561 on both sides (A to B and B to A) ?
4 REPLIES 4
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
The server "local" only works if you have PC SAS installed on the same machine where SAS EG is running. Is this the case?
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
The port 8561 is the port that the metadata server is using, that will define all the metadata information, it appears that this is working?

However to actually run the project EG will require access to a workspace server (sasmain).
You need to determine, where sasmain is located (ie what server) and what port is being used to comunicate to sasmain, it wont be 8561 on the metadata server :).

You will need to open up a number of ports (Can view in SMC) to enable the entire solution to work.

I could be wrong but my first thought.

Barry
HATEM
Calcite | Level 5
ok thank you, I think that I should open port 8591 to let access to workspace. I'll try it. thanks
HATEM
Calcite | Level 5
I opened port 8591 and every think is working now, as you told me, a connection to workspace is needed when a request is run. thank you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation