BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mbunse
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey, I am still improving my SAS automation program. Currently, I am stuck with importing an xlsx file.

At first, I tried simply to run the complete process flow:

'Open the Enterprise Guide application and the project
 prjObject = app.Open(projectPath, "")

prjObject.ContainerCollection.Item(processFlowName).Run()

But the file in the destination library doesn't get updated.

So I tried to explicitly run the task associated with files in the process flow:

For Each item As SAS.EG.Scripting.Element In prjObject.ContainerCollection.Item(processFlowName).Items()
                    If item.Type = SAS.EG.Scripting.SASEGItemType.egFile Then
                        Dim file As SAS.EG.Scripting.File = item
                        If file.Tasks.Count > 0 Then
                            For Each task As SAS.EG.Scripting.Task In file.Tasks
                                task.Run()
                            Next
                        End If
                    End If

Next item

But also here, the file is not updated. The debugger shows me, that the log file for this tasked is empty (it was not prior to the run statement.)

I am using SAS EG 5.1 (5.100.0.12019) (64-Bit).

Any help would be appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Can you share which version of EG you're running?  Exact version in Help->About?

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
mbunse
Obsidian | Level 7
My Version is 5.1 (5.100.0.12019) (64-Bit)
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

There have been several hotfixes released since that version -- see this note for all of the available EG 5.1 fixes.  I recommend applying those (just the latest one, which is cumulative) and seeing if that helps.

If the problem persists, I recommend that you open a ticket with SAS Technical Support.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
mbunse
Obsidian | Level 7

I asked the IT to install the hotfix. Might take some time, though. I'll report as soon as the latest patch has been installed.

mbunse
Obsidian | Level 7

The problem persisted even with the latest hotfix installed. I raised a ticket with the technical support.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation