BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JSJ
Quartz | Level 8 JSJ
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,  I am running SAS version 7.15 HF3.  I have an intermittent problem with the import of my infomaps.

Every now and then, an existing instance of  all the infomaps in my project will create a new output and not link to the existing output that "feeds" my report.  Please see the picture.  

imap.png 

This is hard to describe---

Once it breaks, I just have to exit out, which results in lost work.

Any idea to fix this?

Jo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You can relink it to the downstream items.  I see you have a Query Builder item -- you can change the properties of the input table in the query (right-click in the query builder on the table name, select Properties) to point to the "new" location.

Most tasks allow you to right-click on the task node in the flow and Change Input Data -- pointing to a different table for input.

But -- it still shouldn't break on its own if you have set the table name.  Right-click on each table (new and old) to make sure they seem to be pointing to the same physical table.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The Import Infomaps task allows you to name your output data set (Output data tab).  Make sure that you're specifying a name, so that the output always goes to the same location.  Then your downstream process should be more reliable.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
JSJ
Quartz | Level 8 JSJ
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Chris!

Thanks for responding.

I checked my import and it saves the output to a work file.  (see attachment) Is this where I need to change the name?

If I can change this, then I would have to do this on the initial development, correct?   Once it breaks, I can't relink the output to what is downstream, can I?

We never experienced this with previous versions of SAS EG. I am tempted to work in the old version of SAS.

Thanks!

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You can relink it to the downstream items.  I see you have a Query Builder item -- you can change the properties of the input table in the query (right-click in the query builder on the table name, select Properties) to point to the "new" location.

Most tasks allow you to right-click on the task node in the flow and Change Input Data -- pointing to a different table for input.

But -- it still shouldn't break on its own if you have set the table name.  Right-click on each table (new and old) to make sure they seem to be pointing to the same physical table.

JSJ
Quartz | Level 8 JSJ
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you, Chris! You are a terrific resource!

My colleague and I tried this and believe it to be a fix to our problem!

I wrote up some directions on how we will try testing this next time it breaks-- 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation