BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alam_ather
Calcite | Level 5

Dear All,

I am unable to open SAS EG as a pop message says "The Version of SAS Enterprise Guide expired on December 1st, 2015"

I have activated new license key but the issue still persist. The SAS support team informed:

"This issue you are facing is documented in the following SAS note. This is due to the fact that Enterprise Guide has a built in “die date” depending on the release.  Customers can apply a hotfix to update the dates of their EGUIDE.

SAS® Enterprise Guide® expiration dates - http://support.sas.com/kb/33/359.html"

As the information security policy in my company doesnt allow me to download the .EXE file and to further execute it. Can anyone please help me to share other way around to have this issue fixed.

Appreciate your support in this regard.

Thanks

Ather

3 REPLIES 3
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Ather,

There is no other work around, you'll need to install the hot fix as SAS Tech Support team advised.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@MichelleHomes is correct -- you'll need the patch to update the expiration date.

Here's a little background on why SAS Enterprise Guide uses this mechanism.  You should have been seeing warnings leading up until this day, but I would understand if you interpreted those as SETINIT warnings and not specific to SAS Enterprise Guide.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
ballardw
Super User

It sounds like you have to get your IT staff involved in downloading and having them do the patch. It may be that after doing that once they might set up some exception.

If that doesn't work then letting management know that the $ they spent is being wasted as the software isn't updated due to IT policy. That could get attention.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation