BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cbrotz
Pyrite | Level 9

I have a SAS EG project that exports  34 small SAS DATA sets to Excel files.  Sometimes they all export and sometimes they do not.  I inherited this from another programmer.  She originally was using the SAS data sets with the SAS Addin in Excel and switched over to Excel files instead.  Either way, when I run the full project,  I can see the data has updated in the SAS file but the export does not push the data out until I manually click on the Export process for some of the files. Any ideas why his might be happening?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

Is the export process creating or replacing the Excel worksheet?

If the Excel worksheet exist does the process fail until you do the manual exporting?

cbrotz
Pyrite | Level 9

All the Excel files are exported into the same folder.  I do not delete them so when the process runs, it is overwriting or replacing them.  Sometimes, if we re run the entire process, it will then push the data out correctly.  The only pattern I see is that it is happening with files further down stream in the code.  I have at times deleted all the Excel files and just let EG re-create them.  That works for a while and then they start to not export again.  I have not tried to put in a step to delete the files before running.  I could try that.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Are you exporting using SAS code or an EG task?  Some earlier versions of EG had a bug and did not consistently execute all tasks in the order specified by the project.  The only way to tell was to watch the tasks light up or by a careful review of the log.

cbrotz
Pyrite | Level 9

This code is about 4 years old so it was written a few versions back and we do keep up with the versions but yes it seems like a bug of some kind.  Unfortunately, it happens kind of randomly so I kind of have to wait to see it happen. 

Thanks,

Chris

VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

bugs like that don't come and go when they choice.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation