BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tucc
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi ,

Having a weird issue and have not been able to find anything to help resolve. Every time I highlight a line of code and right click to copy or to run the highlighted portion, my SAS completely crashes. As soon as I right click or left click on the highlighted line it crashes and an error box pops up saying 'A Drag Operation is Already in Process'.  Has anyone seen this before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @tucc ,

yes, I have seen this before. 

I would check this first for the 1st possible cause, solution and a workaround:

Problem Note 61144: SAS® Enterprise Guide® might crash when you autoselect a line of code

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/SAS-Enterprise-Guide-7-15-crashing-when-running-...

As you see, the solution is supposed to be there by Microsoft Windows update, on April 2018.

However I have seen this to happen recently (last year) with a couple of my clients.

Here is what we did:

- Check if this particular windows update and the Windows Event Log message is as reported by SAS.

- If this is a client-server installation, check if this happens as well on a EG installed on the server (and enable EG Logging on server).

- Check if there are pending updates for SAS EG or SAS Integration Technologies client. Perhaps one of the pending Hotfixes would resolve this issue.

- If the Update is missing for some reason, apply the Windows Update.

- If above would not work:

a) Align with IT, to let them align with Microsoft Tech Support.

b) Align with SAS Tech Support and provide them all the relevant information (as there might be something else interfering.

- One of our customers had this issue in one of the clouds (Azure, AWS, etc), due to the way the client farm was configured, therefore it is something worth to investigate as well.

I hope this helps to give some direction and options to explore.

Best regards,

Juan

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What version of EG? Has this only started happening? If so have there been any recent software changes?   

tucc
Fluorite | Level 6
Its version 7.11. And no recent updates. This issue just started today.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm suspecting possibly dodgy memory or disk drive. Does your Windows event log have any errors? If you reboot does the problem still occur?

I suggest you get your IT help desk to check out your PC.

Reeza
Super User
I would restart everything and verify any updates with your IT team. If that doesn't resolve the issue then I'd open a track with Tech Support.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @tucc ,

yes, I have seen this before. 

I would check this first for the 1st possible cause, solution and a workaround:

Problem Note 61144: SAS® Enterprise Guide® might crash when you autoselect a line of code

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/SAS-Enterprise-Guide-7-15-crashing-when-running-...

As you see, the solution is supposed to be there by Microsoft Windows update, on April 2018.

However I have seen this to happen recently (last year) with a couple of my clients.

Here is what we did:

- Check if this particular windows update and the Windows Event Log message is as reported by SAS.

- If this is a client-server installation, check if this happens as well on a EG installed on the server (and enable EG Logging on server).

- Check if there are pending updates for SAS EG or SAS Integration Technologies client. Perhaps one of the pending Hotfixes would resolve this issue.

- If the Update is missing for some reason, apply the Windows Update.

- If above would not work:

a) Align with IT, to let them align with Microsoft Tech Support.

b) Align with SAS Tech Support and provide them all the relevant information (as there might be something else interfering.

- One of our customers had this issue in one of the clouds (Azure, AWS, etc), due to the way the client farm was configured, therefore it is something worth to investigate as well.

I hope this helps to give some direction and options to explore.

Best regards,

Juan

tucc
Fluorite | Level 6

@JuanS_OCSThank you. Some Microsoft updates did not install correctly. I restarted so they could be downloaded correctly and this has fix the issue.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Fantastic news @tucc , glad to hear the problem got resolved! 

Thanks for sharing 🙂

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@tucc  - Please update your post as answered in that case.

Satora_In
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Guise,

I'm launching a project, not all constructors are executed

If you want it manually, the customer issues the window
This task is already in progress

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation