BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Clash
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi!

Just changed from SAS EG 7.14 to SAS EG 8.2 and can't figure out how to get EG to open data/program in my-choice-of-tab-view.

In 7.14 there was a "star" which I could use to tell EG where to open tables/program/etc. Is this old feature still available?

The behaviour today is that it always open in the process flow tab, I spend a lot of time using "move to other tab view"...

Any input is helpful, 

Best regards,

Claes

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

It would help if you posted a screenshot to clarify what you mean. Programs can be opened in a variety of ways in 8.2 including from the File drop-down menu and from the "Start" tab. Tables can be opened from any Results tab where they are produced and also by expanding the Server List.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I think @Clash is referring to the icon top right of the split window (when you use the stacked or side-by side workspace layout in EG 7 and earlier) which lets you pre-select in which tabbed or stacked window the next item will be displayed. EG 8 does not seem to have this.

Clash
Obsidian | Level 7

- Exactly @Kurt_Bremser, just exact that 🙂  

Clash
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi!

I've marked the old behaviour in red here -->

EG 7.14.png

The one marked with "blue" means that if I double click on a program or table, it will open in the lower tab (and NOT in the upper tab, which isn't marked...).

Can't find same functionality in new EG.

Regards,

Claes

SASKiwi
PROC Star

OK, its been a while since I used EG 7, so I'd forgotten that.... In EG 8 each program or project has its own workspace which contains a log, results and output data tabs. You can then group these using the View - Apply tab layout menu option to create layouts similar to the EG 7 stacked or side-by-side workspace options.

To move a program / project between  Tab Layout Groups you have to click on the window tab where the name is and select Move to next or previous tabbed group. The EG 7-type functionality appears to be missing. I suggest you raise a SASware ballot item to put it back.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation