BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sodeyemi
Calcite | Level 5

Please see the attached log file for the error I got when I attempted to update SAS EG 7.100.3.5419 to 7.13 HF3 (7.100.3.5438).

8 REPLIES 8
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Since EG is installed in the Program Files directory tree, it needs Administrator privileges to be updated.

I guess that your Windows userid "USER" does not have those.

sodeyemi
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you for your reply. I actually do have administrator privileges on the computer. Is there a workaround to this?
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

My guess comes from these two lines (437 & 438) in your log:

MSI (s) (34:5C) [15:33:33:323]: Note: 1: 2205 2:  3: Error 
MSI (s) (34:5C) [15:33:33:324]: Note: 1: 2262 2: AdminProperties 3: -2147287038 

The negative value in the second line is usually used by programmers for error conditions.

If the update is run from a .exe file, you can right-click it and select "Run as Administrator". If its a .msi, you might have to run a cmd as Administrator and start the .msi from there.

sodeyemi
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you. This is helpful. I believe the update is a .msi file. Please can you direct me to a resource as to how to complete the update from command line?
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Click the Windows Start Button, then type "cmd" in the Search Programs/Files field. The top entry should be cmd.exe. Right-click that, and select Run as Administrator.

Now use cd to change to the location where you stored the downloaded msi file. Enter .\the_whole_filename.msi and hit enter. Then the installation process should start.

If your problems persist even with that method, then open a track with SAS Technical Support.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

What version of Windows are you trying to do this on?

I also noticed in the log that the user properties look generic:

Property(S): LogonUser = USER
Property(S): ComputerName = USER-PC

For example, your user paths contain "USER" (ex. "C:\Users\USER\") rather than a real user id.  I wonder if that is related to who the process is being run under.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sodeyemi
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you for your reply, Casey Smith. I am running this on Window 10.
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

I suggest contacting SAS Technical Support as well.  I still think the fact that "USER" is being used, rather than a real user id, has something to do with it (perhaps the account under which the process is running).

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation