BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RAmarapuram
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Team

We are recently migrated from SAS EG 4.1 to SAs EG 7.1.

I am facing below issues. Request you ot kindly advice.

#1. I have an issue in copying and pasting program. Error says:

OpenClipboard failed (Exception from HRESULT:0x800401D0

CLIPBRD_E_CANT_OPEN ))

#2. Trying to copy & paste the RESULTS from RESULTS VIEWER generated (from PROC FREQ/ PROC TABULATE) to an Excel sheet. After copying the data values are get copied properly onto excel sheet. The values does not get into the cell of an excel sheet.

#3. While using the SEND TO EXCEL option in EG, the excel sheet gets generated for the first time. But if I use this option again, my system is getting crahed and I had to restart the system.

Kindly advice.

Thanks

Rajesh

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

For question number 2, the difference might be due to the use of SAS Report instead of HTML as the default output result.  You can use Tools->Options, Results to change the default output destination to HTML, and see if that helps.  (Actually, I would expect SAS Report to perform better when you copy/paste results, but this is something you can try.  PROC FREQ and TABULATE both have non-standard table layouts that can be tricky.)

For the other problems, I suggest tracking these with SAS Technical Support.  They sound like a problem with the environment.  Are you running SAS Enterprise Guide in Citrix or remote desktop?  These can sometimes cause clipboard issues, and sometimes adjusting the client settings for these applications can help.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
bstrac
Calcite | Level 5

My department also recently migrated from SAS EG 5.1 to 7.1. We are running 32 and 64 bit versions of EG from local PCs (64 bit OS) connecting remotely to SAS on a Windows 2008 R2 server via Integrated Windows Authentication.

We are constantly experiencing the same issue as the original poster. When attempting to copy and paste code we get the following error:

Error: OpenClipboard failed (Exception from HRESULT:0x800401D0

CLIPBRD_E_CANT_OPEN ))

I am currently working with SAS tech support but i am wondering if you've found a solution to your issue.

Thanks,

Bill

jb_biyectivo
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm able to replicate this error when using Enterprise Guide 7.1 / 7.11 while also using Notepad++. Not sure if this is a problem of collision with the "MultiClipboard" extension of Notepad++, but when I close Notepad++ I can copy/paste as expected without error messages.

Regards,

RichardDeVen
Barite | Level 11

Hi Rajesh:

I also get the clipboard error "OpenClipboard failed (Exception from HRESULT:0x800401D0 (CLIPBRD_E_CANT_OPEN ))"

Like jb_... suggested I appear to be getting a clipboard conflict with another App.  In my case it is "Windows Powershell ISE".  When not running no clipboard error, when ISE running I get clipboard errors.  Funny thing is that sometimes in fresh Windows login session I can have both going and not get the error.  The error crops up eventually though.

Richard.

george_georgiou
SAS Employee

My name is George and I am SAS Technical Support Engineer.  Please see the following SAS Note which addresses this issue:

http://support.sas.com/kb/50/135.html

If you require further assistance or if the hotfix does not resolve your issues, please do not hesitate to open up a Technical Support track.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation