BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shad0whawk
Calcite | Level 5

Hi.  I'm using SAS EG 6.1 and have an issue with scrolling up and down within a data set hosted on a SAS server.  After clicking within the scroll bar more than twice, the program starts scrolling down continuously as if I clicked several times.  I'm not able to stop it using any combination of keys so I have to let it run its course.  Is there an option to turn this behavior off?  I'm guessing it may be trying to move the data to the point that represents where I clicked within the scroll bar.  I'm used to SAS 9.4 where this does not occur in this manner.  Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

You say "After clicking within the scroll bar more than twice, the program starts scrolling down continuously as if I clicked several times. "

So you did click "several times". Or did you mean to say that there was a notable amount of time passing between individual clicks?

You might just be seeing a latency in the network behavior of your server set up so that the server treats the first click as a 'wake up, do something' but there is enough time delay that you have clicked again and then the server processes both.

Does the Page Down key do this?

shad0whawk
Calcite | Level 5
Let me clarify. I've been playing around with it. If I click in the scroll bar anywhere it begins to move down through the data set but it won't stop which is the problem. In SAS 9.4 it will move down one time and then stop no matter where I click in the scroll bar. Page down works as expected but there is some lag due to network latency. 
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

This issue has been reported at least once before.  However, since we were unable to reproduce internally, we were unable to debug.

Note: The EG data grid control was replaced in later versions, so there is a decent chance that the latest version (EG 7.13) will not exhibit this problem.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

shad0whawk
Calcite | Level 5
Interesting as it's very consistent for me in my setup no matter what data set is open. Too bad I can't move to 7.13 since my organization does not yet support/offer it. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation