BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Chuy
Calcite | Level 5

I see from this link that SAS EG 5.1 has been released, can someone confirm:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/whatsnew/64209/HTML/default/viewer.htm#egwhatsnew51.htm

At the bottom of the Overview section there is a line which states: 'You can run SAS Enterprise               Guide on either a SAS 9.2 or SAS 9.3 server.'

Can someone clarify this line to make it clear if EG 5.1 is compatiable with 9.2 M3?  I am almost certain it is.

I reported a significant issue with EG 4.3 and i wanted to know if has been fixed in 5.1. 

In Query Building and using 'Query Options' then selecting 'Pass-Through' and checking 'Generate source for explicit pass-through', EG wouldn't append

the schema name to the table being accessed, which caused errors.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

"Can someone clarify this line to make it clear if EG 5.1 is compatiable with 9.2 M3?  I am almost certain it is"

I have also asked this question and have had a vague answer from Tech support, ie saying there is no documentation saying you can't run on 9.2.  But have also had a better answer from my local office, saying Yes you can run on 9.2, however you won't be able to leverage some of the 9.3 functionality (obviously Smiley Happy ).

Can't answer your other question, sorry - maybe one for Chris to answer.

Barry

art297
Opal | Level 21

They (SAS) doesn't show the problem as having been fixed: http://support.sas.com/kb/45/314.html

DavidHenderson
SAS Employee

SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1 is absolutely compatible with SAS 9.2 M3.  The EG development and testing teams go to great length to ensure backwards compatibility between newer versions of EG and older versions of SAS.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation