BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
eeccero
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I get this of kind of error every day, several times when I use my SAS EG 5.1 version. I don't understand what that error means. I tried to figure it out, but I didn't found any information. Can someone tell me what this means and how that error should be eliminated.My operation system is Windows 7 and Running in WOW64 (32-bit subsystem): yes.

I would really appreciate the help.

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This is something going awry with the project recovery feature.  Check the settings in Tools->Options, Project Recovery.  You can try increasing the interval for saving project work, and make sure the "Save location" is a local path that is stable (not a network location).

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Also, make sure you have access permissions to the Recovery.xml file that is stored in that location (the location specified in your Tools->Options->Project Recovery->Save location).  For example, confirm that you can open it in a text editor.  Though I agree with Chris, it looks more like a possible network file storage issue.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

eeccero
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

thank you both! The problem is now gone and I'm so happy!

Smiley Happy

regards, Mari

KenMac
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Not exactly the same issue, but I noticed that Chris said to make sure not to use a network drive as a recovery location.  We use Citrix to host EG to our SAS Unix server and the local (virtuial) 'C:' drive contents are not guarnteed to carry forward to the next session.  It seemed that usig a network drive would solve this issue.  So, two questions:

1. Why not use a network drive for auto recovery?
  2. What is the best practice for auto recover setings for EG when running in a Citrix environment, i.e., location, save interval?

Many Thanks!

Ken

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation