BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Siriustar
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

Thanks for your time to look at this post, this may or may not have an easy solution.

I use SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1.

I am tring to import an access database (.accdb) into sas using "Proc Import", the code is simple like the following:

Proc Import Datatable = "AAA"

DBMS = Access Out = temp Replace;

Database = "BBB.accdb";

Run;

The file was imported successfully. However, I have French accent in my original access file, which were not read correctly by the EG.

For instance,

Center

Toronto

Montr¨¦al Ii (F)

Montr¨¦al Ii (F)

Saskatoon

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this issue?

Please let me know if more information about my SAS EG5.1 is needed for diagnosis.

Thank you very much!

2 REPLIES 2
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Quickly, it's because you have a mismatch on the encoding between ACCESS and SAS. I haven't had experience with this, I'll try to dig a bit deeper.

Tom

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

It looks like this is the info you need:

http://support.sas.com/kb/41/925.html

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation