BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
IljaMett
Calcite | Level 5
Hi there,

I have a probably rather simple question concerning SAS EG 4.2

Some of my projects consist of quite a lot different SAS code objects, which all produce some output - mainly SAS data sets - which are used by subsequent routines.
However, most of the data sets which are generated during the job are not needed any more afterwards.

Is there a way to remove those unnecessary data sets from the process flow (other than deleting them manually after the job is finished), so that it does not look so crowded any more?

I would appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Ilja
3 REPLIES 3
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
at the end of your user written code/programs ...

do a proc datasets delete. selecting all of the datasets that are nolonger used

Barry
IljaMett
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Barry,

thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately this is exactly what I cannot do, since the data sets are used by subsequent routines.
If I delete them at the end of the complete process flow, when they really are not needed any more, then the datasets are gone, but their icons are still displayed and just give an error message if you try to open them...

Best regards,
Ilja
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Not that I should perpetuate undocumented features, but this might be of interest:

http://blogs.sas.com/sasdummy/index.php?/archives/248-Undocumented-features-theres-a-reason-they-are...

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation