BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GemmaR
SAS Employee
Hi,

I have a question about conditional processing for EG4.2. This is an amazing new feature of 4.2 and will be alot of use, my question comes when I try to export the code that is produced. It doesn't seem to export the conditional processing part.

Is this a 'feature' or is it something I am doing wrong?

thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
That's true. Exported code, or the program created when you build a stored process, does not contain the conditional code. The conditions are evaluated in SAS code, but it's EG that controls what runs next based on the outcome of the condition -- it's not baked into the generated program logic.

It's on our list for a future release.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
AndyR
Calcite | Level 5
Do you know which version it's aimed for, Chris? 4.3?
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Andy, no, not in 4.3, I'm afraid. But it remains on the list for a future release.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
AndyR
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the info, Chris.

I have a client who is migrating from V8 to V9.2. They write a lot of base SAS code for production/scheduled purposes - running on their unix server.

They had hoped to move to the use of EG visual coding for future developments - using the export code facility to generate their production code. The code is mostly ETL-like and is used to create marts from a warehouse. Without the ability to do conditional branches their usage will be severely curtailed.

I appreciate that the proper tool for the job is DI Studio, so I guess this is less of an issue for most EG users. DI Studio would meet all of their needs and then some 🙂

Cheers

-Andy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation