BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bernardorosario
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi guys,

I am working with add-ins in SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1, this add-ins were developed in C# in Visual Studio 2010. I was not part of the developing team so I don't know for certain if the problem is on SAS or the code developed. In my perspective is some regular behavior in SAS. Besides I am new at SAS so I don't know the software that well.

Leaving the introduction aside I found myself in little Jam. This add-ins are custom tasks that let the user choose which field and filters apply to a query and then run that query. This part runs smoothly no problems at all. After running the task comes the problem, you see when the query finish and gives the result it opens tree tabs: Log, Code  and Output Data as you can see in the picture attached. The issue here is on the Tab 'Code' that shows the Oracle Connection like this:

connect to oracle as oradb (user ="user" password ="{s001}23421343246464324" path='server');

This is unsafe and a big problem as you can imagine even encrypted i can just copy paste and run a custom program in SAS and do everything on that database.

So my question is how can I hide this tab in SAS or C#? Or make the connection not visible to the user? 

Thanks for the help

Capture.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

There are a few ways to handle this.  The best way: don't rely on passwords in the code at all.

If that isn't a possibility, you can change the custom task code to submit the sensitive code "behind the scenes" and not roll it into the generated code that appears in the process flow.  There is a SasSubmitter class that you can use to manage this.  I have an example in my book and published example on GitHub.  (Look at the SolveExpression() routine in this file.)

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

There are a few ways to handle this.  The best way: don't rely on passwords in the code at all.

If that isn't a possibility, you can change the custom task code to submit the sensitive code "behind the scenes" and not roll it into the generated code that appears in the process flow.  There is a SasSubmitter class that you can use to manage this.  I have an example in my book and published example on GitHub.  (Look at the SolveExpression() routine in this file.)

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation