BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ref_85
Calcite | Level 5

I have a SAS/AF code that I need to make it run in SAS EG 5.1. There are buttons I cannot resolve. I googled somewhere and I found out that you can use Microsoft .Net or macros. whats the best way?

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

EG cannot run SAS/AF code, as AF apps need the DMS.

See if you can recreate the functionality with the stored process facility, turning your AF app into a web app.

Darrell_sas
SAS Employee

Unless your SAS/AF is SCL code.  Then it will run in EG.  As long as it doesn't need anything in DMS.

See:  SAS/AF: Running SCL Outside the Frame 

http://support.sas.com/rnd/papers/#SGF2007

SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can run non-display SCL programs in EG, but to build/modify an SCL program in the first place you would need a local SAS installation with SAS Display Manager available. 

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

SAS/AF SCL code without screens will run with Eguide as it does with SAS/intrnet and many more (miner 12.1)

PROC DISPLAY Statement   batch mode.   The screen usage will require a SAS DMS system  (desktop based) as it is with developing. 

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation