BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
astrae_research
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear all,

Win 7x64 machine, 4.2ghz i7, 24 gb of 2133 ram, newest SAS and EG and the EG is the only program where i have copy paste freezes of about 2 seconds every time I ctrl-c. EG just freezes if i ctr-c anything from one letter to a node in the process flow for about 2-3 seconds. It doesn't matter if the project is completely empty/new/big. I used to have that problem in 2010, it disappeared after EG updates and returned this year.

Driving me nuts!

Any advice?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @astrae_research,

while that could be possible, a few errors have been re-introduced in the last maintenance, I do not think I am the best to answer thart question, let's wait for a SAS Employee or you can ask SAS Technical Support.

My only question to you would be: is your EG installation local or virtualized with Citrix, AppV, ThinApp or similar. It is important, since the problem might not be on EG itself, but on the COM components registered in the virtualisation software (and, in that case, your IT teams should review the installation).

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

I have not been able to reproduce using EG 7.15 on two separate machines (Win7 and Win10, both x64) -- copy/paste (I tried in the editor and program nodes) is immediate for me.  As @JuanS_OCS suggested, I'd be curious to know if you are using a virtualized environment, since those do clipboard mapping, which might be contributing to what you are seeing.

I suggest opening a track with SAS Tech Support.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

astrae_research
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear all,

Thank you for the replies! The installation/operation is local, no VMs involved. Is there a way to trace procedure calls during the copy paste in EG?

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

You could use a clipboard inspector (ex. http://www.freeclipboardviewer.com/) to see if there is a lot of content being put on the clipboard for some reason (though wouldn't expect there to be). Otherwise, I suggest trying SAS Tech Support. I can't think of a reason why a local copy/paste operation would be that slow.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation