BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

this behaviour sounds like "startup" settings being used by the first SAS session persist over all sessions.

Need to find a way to start a new session each time.

This behaviour could be similar to the distinction of "stored process servers" and "workspace servers" in SAS BI platform.

In EG, just disconnecting from the server ensures the next code submitted will run in a new session.

Louis_Gallo_CIGNA_com
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way though to insert insert a macro variable into an open and existing project?

' This VB.NET code runs my SAS code wonderfully but need a way to pass parameters in!!

Dim appMain as New SAS.EG.Scripting.Application

Dim prjMain as New SAS.EG.Scripting.Project

Dim prjName as String

prjName = "mysasegproject.egp

appMain.Open(prjMain.ToString, "")

prjMain = appMain.Project()

prjMain.Run()

Is there any way to insert a macro variable into this code logic so my project can use it?

I tried using Windows environmental variables and having my SAS EG project read them. That works BUT the environmental variables are "sticky" and cannot be changed if your code runs multiple iterations.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lou

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 like
  • 6 in conversation