BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Question: Can I already chose to order individuals process flows to run in sequential order, using point and click submenu commands?

I know ordered lists give us some capability to control the ordering of node execution across process flows.  Yet, when I sub-menu, click Run in two process flow, one after the other.  My simple thinking-brain wants the first process flow to run and finish completely and then only then the second process flow starts to run.  But this is not is not how the code executes, they are queued to execute with the assumption that the nodes inside the process flows are completely independent of each other and so their execution order may be interleaved.  Rewording the original question: Can I tell EG not to interleave the execution of these flows?

1 REPLY 1
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Use an ordered list to run the tasks in your chosen order.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation