BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HKlaassen
Calcite | Level 5

I joined a table on itself, and in the output each column name appears twice, one column is called (example; name) and the other one (example; name1, done automatic bij SAS Enterprise Guide).

In the next step i split the table so i can  place the results below eachother with a append. Is there a way to rename all collumns that end with the "1" so i can append the two tables?

4 REPLIES 4
umashankersaini
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

We can do this thing with the help of Dictionary tables along with macro.

Trying to write specific code for your query...

will be back soon.

Regards

Uma Shanker Saini

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are wanting to append a table onto itself why don't you use the EG Append Table task? If you do that you can avoid the joining rename issue.

Reeza
Super User

Perhaps you should explain what you'd like to do overall and people can suggest different methods?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation