BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Tushar
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me what all are the way to register Tables with sas-metadata? Suppose i have table in oracle and to access that table, i need to registered that with sas metadata, so one way i know that here i am using SAS DI studio where i can register the table or cubes with metadata using SAS DI studio. somewhere i heard that SAS console Management studio also can do that, so can someone please provide me some help? Also i i have only SAS EG installed on my system so using SAS EG can i registered External Database Table with SAS Metadata? if yes please tell me how? For DI i am using below procedure,

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etlug/62233/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1u5wrckqyafv0n11skk...

Please help on this, Thanks in Advanced.

Regards,

Tushar Jagtap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Assuming that you have a SAS library already defined in metadata, you can add registered tables within EG using the Tools->Update Library Metadata task.

If you need to define a new library in metadata, I recommend using SAS Management Console for that task.  It provides the most options and allows you to set up metadata authorizations at the same time.  You can then also register tables from SAS Management Console.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Assuming that you have a SAS library already defined in metadata, you can add registered tables within EG using the Tools->Update Library Metadata task.

If you need to define a new library in metadata, I recommend using SAS Management Console for that task.  It provides the most options and allows you to set up metadata authorizations at the same time.  You can then also register tables from SAS Management Console.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Tushar
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Chris for your help, just one more curiosity, i had so want to ask that if i want to go using code and not from wizards so it possible?

I mean how it would have been done if i am using Base SAS IDE? is it even possible using base SAS?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Tushar,

PROC METALIB is the method you would use.  The task in EG uses PROC METALIB to do its work; you can experiment with that task and see the code that it generates, or you can reference the documentation for METALIB.

If your end users are going to access the data in SAS Enterprise Guide, you might want to read up on this:

What SAS administrators should know about libraries, metadata, and SAS Enterprise Guide - The SAS D...

Chris

Tushar
Obsidian | Level 7

Awesome.. Thats i wanted.

Thanks a lot chris..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation