BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
saslover15
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there a way to send the logs for an entire egp file to an alternate location?  Currently, when running an egp file in an opened SAS EG session, in order to see all the logs, after the run, you have to double click on each little widget (the query builder, the sort, the hand-coded sas programs, etc).

What I want instead is for ALL logs from all widgets in the project to get routed somewhere else (to the location of my choice).  I have tried running a piece of SAS code in an Autoexec process flow to run the following line of code, but that didn't work:  %LET LOGPATH = "/server/MyFiles/logs/MyLog.log";

I don't care if it writes all logs compiled into one file, or a separate log file for each widget - I just want a way to capture all logs from the egp file runs.

3 REPLIES 3
saslover15
Obsidian | Level 7
And this has to be in an automated fashion. It is not an option for me to click on each widget after each run and save the logs. I need a way for them to automatically go to a specific location.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Have you looked at the Project Log?  You can also automatically export this log as a step, I believe.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
saslover15
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes! This worked. First I turned on the log via Properties - Project Properties. And yes, I was able to export as a step. The questions I have now is

1) How to get the Project Log to clear automatically with each run, rather than a person having to manually go in and click "Clear Project Log".

2) How to name the project log uniquely with each run when it exports.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation