BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GemmaR
SAS Employee
Hi Guys,

I have got a huge EG Project that hasn't exactly been set up in the way I would like, mainly the datasets created by filter and query task haven't been renamed so it's a bit of a nightmare to maintain.

Is there a quick way of changes this at all?
3 REPLIES 3
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Not that I've ever seen. The only way that I have been successful is to go into each task and change the name.

You can usually change the name in the task and then save it (not run), and then when you have all the names in order, run the entire project. This is also useful for renaming the reports.

If you find a better way, please post.
GemmaR
SAS Employee
That's what I was afraid of and that's the way I've been doing it so far.

So if I don't "run" the task and "save" it insteadwill SAS know to still link the other tasks I have got instead of having to change where all the tasks look at?
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Opps. you are right. I just tried it and it broke the links and I had to reconnect them. Even more tedious.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation