BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
spjcdc
Calcite | Level 5
I've got users who have data in Excel spreadsheets and I'm looking for ways to help them get a random sample of these data. I know that it can be done in Excel, but I thought using SAS EG might offer an easier-to-use solution.

However I can't figure out how to do it. The documentation isn't real helpful. It looks like there's an add-in for creating random samples, and I've used Add-In Manager to locate the DLL file and it now shows up on the list of Add-Ins, but I can't figure out where to go from there. There was also written somewhere about a EG Task and I've looked at the task list but only have "Append Table" listed. Makes me think I didn't install everything I should have. But I'm not sure where to go from here.

I'm also not clear what's the difference between an add-in and a task is.
1 REPLY 1
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
It sounds like something is incomplete with your configuration. You should have nearly 80 tasks available -- not just Append Table.

You might check this SAS Note to see if you have this issue:
http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/SN/010/010303.html

Once resolved, you'll see that you have a Random Sample task in the list.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation