BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi, I am currently working on a research project. What we need to do is to identify firms with different historical or recored companies and then classify them as unique companies.
For example, suppose we have some observations as follows:
obs Company_name
1 the SAS Ltd. Co.
2 SAS Limited Co.
3 the SAS Limited
4 Company of SAS

We wish to find some tools that can be used to identify record 1, 2, 3, 4 as records for an unique company "SAS". As our dataset is very large with more than 10,000 observations which are all organization and company names, manual classification seems to be very time-consuming.

Thus, could any of you guys know whether the Data Quality Solution in SAS can help me to resolve this problem?

Appreciate your helps!
1 REPLY 1
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have seen a couple of presentations on DQS and its capabilities, and from what I have seen this is a good example of what it can do.

For some more detailed examples on how it is used, and the sort of configuration required to match these records as belonging to one entity see the following presentation delivered at the SAS Aust and NZ user group (2007 Q4)

http://sausag.sasusers.net/presentations/0711Update_on_SAS_Data_Quality.zip

cheers

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation