BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PoulRavn
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, I recently attended the SAS User Group Forum 2017 in Copenhagen, Denmark. One presenter showed a running EG session, where the file explorer had references to SAS Programs residing on network folders and/or local PC folders. Upon posing the question how this is set up, I was explained that because my EG uses a pre-set profile I cannot reference SAS Programs like that. However the presenter also indicated that given proper tweaking I would be able to make my EG (v. 6.1) do it after all.

My question is then: How? (Unfortunately my notes do not show me the name of the presenter, so I cannot mail him directly.)

Regards

Poul Ravn Sørensen

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You can configure this in SAS Management Console, in the properties for the SAS Workspace Server.  You set the File Navigation starting path to the System Root or to some other designated path.  See more details in this topic thread.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

On a related note, mapped network drives are not automatically available through SAS Workspace Servers on Windows hosts.  To make mapped network drives available to SAS clients through your SAS Workspace Server, add a net use command to the workspaceserver_usermods.bat file on your server.  For example:

net use k: \\YourNetworkShare\SomeFolder

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

PoulRavn
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for pointing mew to the SAS Management Console. I apparently have an issue there, since it does not launch. It is version 9.2 (the server, I am working up against is 9.4). My Own EG is 6.1. I will address tech support to find out, what is wrong here. Then I will try the advices given.

Thanks

Poul

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Your version of SAS Management Console must match your SAS server version. For example if your SAS server version is 9.4M4 then your SMC version should be 9.4M4 - it should match right down to maintenance release.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation