BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SamUser
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am using SAS EG 8.3 and have a field that it is called AQ_DATE which has 8-digit numbers (Ex: 20201216). I am trying to use Summary Table to change the format of the date, but I get the following error:

ERROR: You are trying to use the numeric format YYMMS with the character variable AQ_DATE in data set WORK.QUERY.

I was wondering if it possible to change the AQ_DATE field format using Computed Columns in the Query Builder so I can utilize the Summary Table to change the format.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jebjur
SAS Employee

In the query builder, you can create a new computed column with the INPUT function and the YYMMDDw. informat, to create a numeric date field, and format it with the YYMMS. format.

jebjur_0-1615576648051.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jebjur
SAS Employee

In the query builder, you can create a new computed column with the INPUT function and the YYMMDDw. informat, to create a numeric date field, and format it with the YYMMS. format.

jebjur_0-1615576648051.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation