BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shubham1
Calcite | Level 5

Hello

I am having a SAS EG project on 7.1.In that I have a prompt which is taking the values from one of the column in sql server table .That column is datetime .When user is going to run that  EG project he is going to see different values in the drop down of the prompt and he need to select one 

Prompt type  is defined as Date  .But when i am running that SAS EG project by selecting one value in that prompt  I am getting the value of that prompt as Blank

I have tried to resolve  the value of prompt by  using %put 

what could be the reason for getting the Blank value .

Prompt type does not have datetime option .The reason for blank value might be when we are taking the input in prompt it is datetime but the prompt type is date 

please guide

3 REPLIES 3
shubham1
Calcite | Level 5

If I select prompt type as timestamp then it does not give me the option to select the values from sql server table.The only option that comes up is to provide the default value only 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Then I would create a SAS dataset from the MS SQL Server table, which you then register in metadata. Then you can adapt the types in the prompt as they are in the dataset.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation