BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Somehow I did it before where I could stack code sections in a QUEUE in the TASK WINDOW. But now I cannot repeat it, and when I select a second code to run it runs simultaneously rather than consecutively with the one first code I want to run. I want the second code to await in the QUEUE for execution of the first code.
I had done it earlier, as I do recall, in Proect Designer window, where I can right click a code icon and get option to LINK that code to another code. It was in making this LINK, I thought, that the code would await as QUEUED in the TASK STATUS WINDOW, behind the CODE THAT NOW INCLUDES A LINK TO THE SECOND CODE IN SEQUENCE.
DOES ANYONE RECALL HOW TO TO THIS?
1 REPLY 1
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
That's exactly right: you can enforce dependencies/run sequence by linking your code items together. You can create links by right-clicking on the item you want to run first and selecting "Link to...". You'll be presented with a list of items in the project to choose from. You can also "draw" the link directly, by clicking near the dotted-line border of the selected item and drawing a line to the target item.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation