BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bendsteel6
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm using the following simple code to create a simple test map of a (partial) North America:

proc gmap map=maps.namerica(where=(id in(260 926) and segment=1))
		  data=maps.namerica(obs=1)	all;
	id id;
	choro id / nolegend;
	run;
quit;

When the graph comes out it's angled a bit backward (See below).  I think the NAMERICA table is already projected so I'm not using proc GPROJECT.  Is there a way to make it straight?

Angled MapAngled Map

Thanks!!!

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

You should define what you mean by "straight".

If you want the US portion to appear as it would when displaying maps.us then you will have to project it.

bendsteel6
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

By 'straight' I mean not rotated backwards by about 10 degrees.  Also, I had tried projecting it and it came out backwards so I thought maybe it is already projected.  Please realize that I'm relatively new at this.

I'll try using the MAPSGFK library as Reeza has suggested in her post.

Thanks

Reeza
Super User

Newer files are available in the GSFK maps library instead of the older maps library. If you have access to it, I’d try that instead.

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

data my_map; set maps.namerica(where=(id in(260 926) and segment<=1));
run;

proc gproject data=my_map out=my_map latlong westlong radians;
id id;
run;

proc gmap map=my_map data=my_map all;
id id;
choro segment / levels=1 nolegend;
run;

namerica.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation