BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ashukla
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

When i am exporting the file on mail as CSV or excel format than  for one comment column data is not coming in one coloumn, however because my report is getting effecting, when i am saving file on some location than data and file is fine, but on mail comment column is not coming as it is, because we have more than 8000 character in single and every field,

suggest me how i can get the data in accurate formate on mail.

3 REPLIES 3
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

So your sending some file by email, correct?  Or are you posting the data in the body of the email?  Either way I would highly advise you to use a dedicated data transfer system - secure FTP, web portal etc.  Email is not a good system - it can be very unsafe if going outside your network, size is limited,  etc.  Much like the issue your seeing.

Ashukla
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

So its for automatic schudler, for that whenever code runs as per schdule recepient got the out  as excel format via sas mailer, all report is fine however because of one "comment" column for that  maximum character we used is 8000, data is not coimng in proper format column are overlaping to each other,

Thanks for your answer, i really appreciated however can we do anything for this problem.

Thanks

Amit

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Save the result to a location where the recipients have FTP (or SFTP) access, and only send a notification with the URL included per mail.

Sending files as attachments will often have issues, as you just experience.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation