BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi
I am using a Stack Task to generate a report in EG.
Since i Have column sundry code which has 10 occurence in Oracle table,so i have to use Stack task to get it in one task.
I am able to get it in one column when data is there.
But when there is no data in my table the stack task doesnt craete a new column for me and bcoz of that what ever Stored Process i am trying to run it gives an error that this new column is missing.
Any other solution for this.
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I think this previous posting is still relevant:
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6968ᬸ

The Stack Task (PROC TRANSPOSE) is not a reporting procedure. It is meant to create an output data set on which you could then run PROC PRINT or PROC REPORT or PROC TABULATE.

In the previous posting, I recommended that you contact Tech Support. If you are turning this code into a Stored Process, then PROC TRANSPOSE might not be the best solution. If you used a DATA step program, you could control what happened in the "no data" situation. I still think it's a good idea to contact Tech Support, especially since you're working with stored processes as well as PROC TRANSPOSE.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation